Life is stranger than fiction – or so the saying goes..
Just to prove that’s true Baby-Arabia has collected 7 strange but true facts about pregnancy that you may not know and may make you think!
- During the second half of pregnancy, your baby will pee about a liter per day. And then they drink it.
- Over the course of the pregnancy, the uterus stretches about 500 times its normal size
- When nearing the end of pregnancy, a woman’s placenta produces more estrogen in one day than a non-pregnant woman will produce in three years.
- During pregnancy, extra fluid and water retention can cause women’s feet to grow up to one full shoe size.
- The longest pregnancy on record was reportedly 375 days long. That’s 10 more days than in a year!
- Pregnant women have very sensitive noses. This is basically the body’s way of steering them away from food that would be bad for the baby.