A Routine to Enjoy Healthy Sleep While You’re Pregnant
Do you want to sleep well during your pregnancy? There’s no doubt you’d like to, especially because you may suffer from insomnia at times. The good news is that you can take a few very easy steps to help you sleep comfortably, whatever stage of pregnancy you’re in.
Steps for Sleeping Comfortably During Pregnancy
Follow This Routine
- A light dinner: If you want to sleep through the night during pregnancy, try not to eat fried or fatty foods or sour fruit, as these could cause gastroesophageal reflux that would be uncomfortable and keep you from sleeping well.
- Don’t forget to eat three hours before bedtime; this will prevent hunger from waking you up, causing you nausea during the night.
- Preparing the room: Before you decide to go to bed, tidy up your room. This will help you relax and feel comfortable.
- Air out the room: Before bedtime, remember to air out your room to get rid of humidity and bothersome smells and let in fresh air. In the summer and winter, it’s best to have a temperature of 19°C.
- Calm: You need to feel calm to be able to sleep, so turn off your phone, TV, and all other devices 30 minutes before bedtime. This helps you relax.
- Bathing: You can also enjoy bathing with lukewarm water and then massage some anti-stretch marks cream into your skin. This will help your brain prepare for sleep.
- Warm beverages: We recommend adding an herbal drink or warm milk to your bedtime routine. Just don’t drink too much, or you’ll have to get up to go to the bathroom during the night.
- Cushion: To relax, try scenting it with lavender or your favorite perfume.
- Clothing: To help you sleep during pregnancy, your pajamas should be comfortable, fit well, and be made of materials that do not make you feel hot or uncomfortable.