Many mothers do not know how to prepare healthy meals for their babies, especially in the first year of their age. Hence we wanted to provide each mother with some tips and tricks that encourage babies to eat, beside some easy to make recipes, which are rich in nutrients. Here are the details…
Tips and tricks to add vegetables into your baby’s diet using attractive ways:
– Create some of the babies’ vegetables meals, for example, you can mix colorful vegetables with eggs, rice or bread, so you make different shapes such as a smiley face.
– Prepare pizza and pastries which are rich in mixed vegetables, babies usually desire to eat them and they are easy to hold in hands. They also get their needs of energy, minerals and vitamins by eating them.
– Replace the big tomatoes with cherry tomatoes of sweet taste; since it is easy to be held and eaten.
– Cut vegetables into rings or sticks and dip them in Labneh and serve them to your baby to accept them quickly.
– Use dough cutters of various forms (a star, circle, square … etc) to cut colorful vegetables and serve them to your baby who will absolutely love them.
– Make a similar meal of your baby’s meal for yourself, eat it next to him; babies love sharing when eating meals.
– If your baby peremptorily refuses to eat, it is better to engage him with a group of children who eat their meals easily; since babies acquire eating habits from the people around them.
Food recipes full of nutrients for babies between 9 & 12 months:
– Medium sized-potato, small diced.
– Medium sized-radish, small diced.
– Medium sized-carrot, small diced.
– Medium sized-onion, small diced.
– One cup of fine diced celery.
– One cup of washed cracked lentils.
– Tablespoon of olive oil.
-4 cups of hot water.
– Salt and pepper as you like.
How to make it:
– In a deep saucepan, put the olive oil and chopped onion over medium heat with continuous stirring.
– Add the potatoes to the onions then add the turnips, carrots, celery and finally lentils.
– Stir the ingredients thoroughly, then add water and turn the heat down when the water boils.
– Add salt and pepper to the soup after the vegetables are ripened.
– Mash the soup ingredients using a blender and serve it to your child at room temperature.
– 2 cups of white flour.
– 2/3 cup of sugar.
– A teaspoon of baking powder.
– A teaspoon of baking soda.
– Teaspoon of ground cinnamon (darseen).
– Half a teaspoon of salt.
– One cup of crushed walnuts (nuts).
– 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
– Three eggs.
– A teaspoon of vanilla liquid.
– 3 cups of peeled and grated zucchini.
How to make it:
– Put the flour in a sieve and add cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, salt and sift them all.
– Bring a pot and put the eggs and vanilla, sugar and mix them together, then add vegetable oil to the mixture, flour and other dry ingredients and mix them together.
– Add walnuts and stir the cake mixture until it is well distributed, while stirring you’ll notice that the mixture is relatively heavy.
– Add the grated zucchini to the cake mixture and stir well until its tender.
– Distribute cupcake papers in the suitable tray and put an appropriate amount of cake mixture inside.
– Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes, and serve it to your child at room temperature.
Try to prepare similar vegetables meals and serve them to your baby, to help your little one take the daily needs of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and even also get used to eating vegetables at an early age.
You may also like