For These Reasons, Sleep Well Before Your Child Is Born
Sleep is essential at the end of pregnancy. Its importance increases in the last trimester not just because you need to rest but also because good sleep has a lot of benefits for your child’s health, as well. You should try to improve the quality of your sleep in the last three months to avoid a number of problems and maintain the energy you will need during childbirth.
The Importance of Sleep at the End of Pregnancy
When your pregnancy reaches the last trimester, sleeping becomes more difficult for a variety of reasons.
- During this period, you can’t find a comfortable sleeping position because of your growing belly.
- Increased movement from your baby may also prevent you from sleeping.
- In this period, you also go to the bathroom frequently because your stomach is pressing against your bladder.
- You may not sleep well because of a few bothersome problems like heartburn and cramping or numbness of the legs.
- If you can sleep well during pregnancy, especially during the last trimester, it will boost your immune system and positively affect the health of your fetus so that their body can resist viruses after birth.
- If, on the other hand, you do not sleep for a sufficient number of hours, their growth in your womb may slow down, and it’s likely that they will have a low birth weight.
- Your insomnia, especially at the end of your pregnancy, may also cause your body to secrete a high percentage of cytokine molecules. These are essential for your immune system to function, but when their numbers increase, they begin to attack your body’s healthy cells.
Tips for Comfortable Sleep
- If you want to sleep well during your pregnancy, especially in the last part, try to adopt a set schedule to help you Drink, for example, a cup of milk, read a book, or bathe in lukewarm water before going to bed.
- Try to stick to a specific time, as well, and go to bed at the same time every night.
- Don’t eat chocolate or drink tea in the afternoon during this period. Make sure to drink water only during the daytime.
- Have a herbal drink to help you relax before bed.
- To feel calm and be able to sleep, lie down on your left side and pick a mattress that is firm but not hard and a comfortable pillow. It’s also useful to put a pillow under your belly or your right knee.