Modelling dough has long been a favorite with parents and children alike. It is readily available to buy in different colors however it can be fun for you and your child to make your own. This method is simple and the dough will last for up to six months or longer if kept in an airtight bag or container in the fridge.
Making Colored Modelling Clay
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- 1 cup flour
- Combine all the ingredients except the flour in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir to mix and then knead until smooth.
- This process can be repeated to make different colours.
- Store your dough in an airtight container or a food storage bag.